To: "audyssey" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 10:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Limiting physical mouse movement to only horizontalor vertical axes

I don't think there would be any problems. I've made similar applications that alter the mouse's behavior in windows. The only difficult issue would be telling the application that you wanted to switch to a different direction. Intercepting the general key presses in windows would be tricky if you needed it to be done by pressing or holding certain keys.

One method I've done is to have the program automatically determine what you're trying to do. If your first moments of mouse movement were moving vertically it would instantly lock you into vertical movement only. Then once you stopped it would free you again just in case you wanted to pick a new direction next time. I could also add audio cues to the movement in case you wanted to know if you're currently in the top 10% of the screen or something else like that.