Greetings gamers,

I'm the developer of RSW, an independent multiplayer strategy game. It's an homage to the classic play-by-mail games of the 1970's and 1980's, and it can still be played exactly as those games were played (though by email instead of postal mail). I develop this game in my free time, just because it makes me happy to do so.

Although it wasn't specifically designed for the visually impaired, the fact that it retains the classic text-based interface makes it perfectly suited to allow visually-impaired players to compete equally with the sighted. (There is also a modern graphical client for those who prefer accessing the game in that way, but the game is fully functional via old-school turn reports and order sheets.)

As a game, RSW isn't for everyone, but for detail-oriented people it can be very thrilling. It's turn-based, with turn times highly configurable and typically ranging from three to seven days per turn. Successful gameplay involves a lot of communication with other players; diplomacy and interaction are very important elements of the game (though there are also game variants that eliminate this communication).

The game population is fairly small right now--about 10-20 active players--but I'm trying to spread the word and grow the player base, which will hopefully lead to more exciting games for everyone. If you think you might be interested, I'd love for you to check it out! Also, I'd love to know if there are problems accessing the website or the email interface.

You can visit the website at http://rswgame.com , or if you prefer using email, send an email message with just the word "hello" in the body of the message (not the subject) to r...@rswgame.com .

Thanks!
David