lol. Nice idea about that randomisation part, I think that's a great compromise. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Hayden Presley" <hdpres...@hotmail.com>
To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2011 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Getting my butt royally kicked in MOTA

Hi Thomas,
Grrr...stop teasing us! <Grin>

Best Regards,
Hayden

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2011 9:00 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list

Hi all,

Okay, as the subject states I am seriously getting my butt kicked in
Mysteries of the Ancients beta 17. I'm playing the new level 1 right
now, testing out the updated monsters, etc and I must say this version
is certainly more challenging than prior versions. I've updated the
stats for everything and one thing you will notice once I release beta
17 later this weekend is that enemies move a lot faster than they did
before. You might walk into a room, see a skeleton, think he's no
problem, and the next second he is right there slicing you up like
roast beaf. Harpies are also a lot nastier than they once were. I
opened a door stepped inside and one landed on me claws first and
ripped me a new rear end before I barely knew she was there. Lol!

Oh, yeah, and as far as randomization goes I have made an important
decision on that as well. Instead of just removing it I decided to fix
it. Thus part of the delay in releasing the game. Instead of randomly
generating items and monsters when you enter a room all of the stats,
random generation, etc will be done before the level loads. That way
when you save a game it will save the state of everything. Plus doing
it this way I can limit the amount of ammo, gold, gems, and potions
you can possibly find per level. This has certainly aided in balancing
things out more because now you have to conserve ammo and potions when
and where you can, because you will have no idea when you will find
more to replace it.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5266 (20100709) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 5266 (20100709) __________