From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2011 2:49 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Games we'd like to play, Time of deciet

Hi tom.

I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick here slightly.

Basically, I posted the message, but didn't see any response immediately,
and didn't catch the return mail to me so I wasn't sure it had posted
correctly (yes, I should've checked the archives).

The only reason I could think of for this was the p i s games joke.

i have no problem with either your or Raul's moderating, in fact I learnt a
lot of what I do myself when moderating audiogames.net and the entombed list

from the pair of you, so I wouldn't really be one to level cryticism unless
there was a really good reason.

I have however seen occasions where automated language filters get in the
way of things irrispective of moderator's position.

For instance, I only found! the language filters for audiogames.net (which
were rather hidden in a subsection of the admin pannel), when I wanted to
allow microwave for talking about towers of war which previously was
disallowed to discourage spambots (I also allowed quite a bit of other
language while I was there).

And I have seem some very silly language filters, for instance in core
exiles, I was having fun naming all my mechs things like scrap iron of
death, spare parts of doom, and junk heep of terror.

However, the mech I dcalled the wreck from hell was auto deleted by the
games' filters, sinse for some odd reason Hell was considdered against the
in game naming system's language filters.

Rather nutty if you ask me, I think they may have been programmed by your
deviled egg haiting relatives Tom ;D.

Hope this makes things clear.

Btw, a question. If you believe people will go to hell for saying hell, how
can you warn them where they're going? ;D.

Beware the grue!