From: Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Problem with Super Deegout
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 02:26:38 -0400

Hi Ryan,

Yes, I do. The microsoft DirectX setup installer does not ship with
the DirectX 8 libraries for Visual Basic 6. Those libraries were
dropped from the setup program clear back in 2007 or so. Right after
Windows Vista was released and Microsoft dropped all support for
Visual Basic. The only way to get those libraries now is to manually
install them yourself on Windows Vista/Windows 7, or to run Jim
Kitchen's Winkit setup, and reboot. There is no official way to get
those DirectX libraries any more.

HTH