Ok, since Heli kinda wasn't working out for a community project, I have another
idea.  What about building on Moosik?  There are several advantages to this.
First of all, sighted people can play it too.
Second, it's easy enough to edit your own levels.
Third, it's written in Python so you don't have to get a bunch of extra stuff
to run it--just Python, Python Audio and a few dll files.

I know that even if three or four work on it, it's still not going to compare
to what games like MOTA are shaping up to be, but I am really longing for games
to play with my kids.  I did enjoy playing Quake with my daughter until my wife
walked in and told me just how bloody and realistically violent the game was.
I know that none of us really know anything about sprites, graphics, images and
so on, but with the foundation of all that laid, it shouldn't be too hard to
build on it.
What do y'all think?
Ken Downey
President