Well Tom, i did actually get my revenge.

I replayed the game the other day and completed it. Sadly not doing as well on some stages (though I did get a bonus stage on the 4th level).

My fight against The mother alien was actually pretty funny because I'd grabbed three rapid fire power ups in the level before, and sinse those bomber ships are better to snipe with one hit I'd got loads of it left.

I actually felt a litle sorry for the Mother ship, it didn't stand a chance and was dead in about ten seconds ;D.

Overall my score was about 31 million, which seems okay, though I'll have to try the game again on one of the higher difficulties and see how well it goes.

Beware the Grue!