well i have noticed a rather wise difference in models, --- -I bought one which was a nightmare, sinse it had some ridiculous programming settings involved and lots of extra stupid buttons.

it was so bad once it's batteries went the first time, I actually couldn't get it working again.

But with a good model I've found wireless keyboards very reliable. Batteries for me last a good six weeks or so, and I always keep a spare set in just in case. I think the thing I like best about it is lying on my settee using Hal to do stuff, whether that's playing games, going on the net, listening to music or even writing my thesis (yes, I can work lying down ;d).

the pickup will even stretch as far as my kitchin, so I can do things like take my keyboard with me and controll audio or my computer while I'm washing up.

I've never had quite as much success with wireless headphones, ---- either in terms of signal strength or sound quality, however the cable on my extremely good sanheisar ones is about six foot long, which is more than long enough to comfortably reach my settee, so playing audio games or listening to radio plays or music while lying down is rather nice.

in fact when I stil lived in colidge, because I had one of those student study bedrooms, I could actually run my computer whilst lying in bed, --- -just for ultra laziness!

Beware the grue!