Actually I don't believe this problem has anything to do with it being DX7
rather than DX8.  Even though your account is an administrator, you have to
specifically open the command prompt using the feature "Run as Administrator"
for the registration to work.  Many people make that mistake because they
assume just using an administrator user account is the same thing.

Make sure, when you ran the command prompt to register, that you told it to run
as administrator.