For anyone who missed the other post about piranha, I'll mention it here also.
The reason Chris ran into such crazy results with the piranha is that they
aren't supposed to be unlocked in version 1.5b.  A glitch allows them to be
purchased, but in that version I hadn't finished programming them.  Piranha
aren't supposed to be buyable until the next update I release, which has
mission 7.