well
to be honest tom this was not a problem.
I have just come back from a full blown virus and crash.
I have only just got back online again.
At 01:14 p.m. 11/06/2011, you wrote:
Hi all,

First, I would like to opologise to those whom I have offended by
expressing my opinions etc.  Second, I would like to opologise to the
rest of the list as well for allowing the topic to continue on for as
long as I have. I'm sorry, but I personally should have known better
than to let things drag out as long as they have,   and like any hot
topic things tended to get out of hand quicker than expected.

For that reason first let's close all the VB 6 topics. Second, to keep
this sort of thing  happening again I think I need to talk to Damien
and Kevin about ammending  the guidelines  banning certain discussions
 such as weather the one we just had over weather or not a developer
is right, wrong, or otherwise for using language x. That really
doesn't have a place on a list like this anyway, and the last thing we
need to do is divide our community over issues like this. I think we
all agree we definitely don't want to drive our developers away just
because we can't agree on some technical details etc. With that said
let's get back to gaming, and  put this discussion behind us once and
for all.