Hi Sid,

Sid wrote:

what's the point for a jaws user in downloading and installing another
screen reader , specially for lunimals?

My reply:

I'm pretty sure this was a suggestion as a temperary solution until
Jaws support gets fixed. NVDA doesn't cost someone anything to
download and use and I think it is a reasonable work around given the
fact it is sometimes difficult to support multiple screenreaders with
a single design.

Sid wrote:

As for the sappy is concerned, who would like to play the game using
voices like mary.

My reply:

While I wouldn't necessarily want to play using the Microsoft Sapi
voices like Mary I happen to own some very good Sapi voices produced
by Ivona, AT&T, and Cepstral which are hundreds of times better than
Mike, Mary, or Sam. So I think Sapi is a perfectly reasonable solution
provided the end user owns or is willing to purchase a voice for
his/her games. There are several games out there like  Jim Kitchens
games, some of the GMA Games, some of Philip Bennifall's games, etc to
make such an investment worth the cost of owning a commercial voice
that sounds better than the Microsoft voices. I actually use Sapi 5
support when and where it is available in games for that reason.