Hi.
Everything depends on what style of language you are cumfortable with.

Javascript and php are c-style languages, so you might check out java or even c#. The downside to it is that sapi is hard to use as things stand. I would not recommend a language like c or c++ for someone just starting out, because although they are powerfull, some things are harder to do.

Another easy language to learn is python. Using sapi is also very easy if you have comtypes installed and this is what I'd say is the easiest. The documentation that comes with it is also very good.

There is also the basic-style languages which many developers use. I would suggest you use something like vb.net or freebasic as a starting point. The downside to using propriatory microsoft languages are that you are at the mercy of microsoft in terms of support. A good example is vb6 which they decided not to continue supporting.