Hello sky.

firstly, I'd recommend downloading the newest version from the draconis site.

I know they rejiggered several of their games such as monkey business to run on post xp machines, but I'm not sure if they did alien outback or not.

Eitherway, it's best to check sinse it's certain that the version you have on that old cd will not be optimized for modern windows.

then, quite often when someone gets runtime errors in windows 7 trying to run older games, it's just because of lack of components.

Try installing jim's winkit file, which often fixes these sorts of problems.

Btw shane, I believe Sky meant 3 gb of ram, not 3 gb of harddrive space, sinse you can buy 3 gb memory sticks, a 3 gb harddrive would be pretty pointless, especially with windows 7 that I believe takes up a good 1 gb of space all by itself anyway.

Beware the grue!

dark.