I'm not opposed to hot keys at all, I just haven't thought up a good way of
arranging the keys.  If someone would like to suggest a specific key layout for
speeding up job selection, please do!  We could then get people's opinions on
it, and I'll code it in.  I rarely turn down people's suggestions, I just get
overwhelmed by so many, sometimes, that I don't end up getting to everyone, and
I'm sure some people think I actually had just decided I didn't like it.  For
as many posts as I receive on the list, I get just as many on klango,
audiogames, and my personal email, so I never intend to overlook anyone, but it
is bound to happen from time to time.

I still haven't found the time to figure the Jaws stuff out.  The documentation
I have had people send to me, is rather incomplete and vague.  I hate to
suggest it, since people should be able to use whatever screen reader they are
happy with, but have you considered using NVDA if only while playing castaways?
 This is the screen reader I personally use, when testing, so I know it works
very well with it.  Window eyes also seems to far outperform the quality you
get with Sapi output.