Hi.
Thanks for adding in the deleting buildings feature.
Christina

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Kaldobsky" <jer...@kaldobsky.com>
To: "audyssey" <gamers@audyssey.org>; "Bill and Kristi Freeman"
<bkshfree...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2011 4:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Possible Bug in Castaways

Until I saw your saved game Bill, I hadn't even thought about someone stripping
every last resource from the map! Hahaha,
clearly your game had been going for a long time and you had a lot of stone
masons and miners. When the next version
releases, you won't be able to actually run completely out of resources. If you
use up everything on the map, your people
will Very! slowly still gather resources, but they will have to wander off of
the map to do it. It will serve as a
punishment, because it will be so much slower, but it will at least keep people
from being essentially defeated when they can
never gain more lumber, bricks, or metal, that they may need to finish the
mission.

I'll give some thought to your ideas for grouping the buildings. I'm actually
in the process of coding hotkeys for assigning
jobs. Enough people have brought that up lately, that it has moved to the top
of my to-do list, lol. You can destroy
buildings by selecting them and pressing Delete. This will also work to cancel
a new construction that you realize is not
what you wanted to build.

I think having people drop their current task immediately could have negative
effects on how the game is played, but I'll
keep it in mind. The Sapi messages were originally set up to not interrupt each
other, and it was a nightmare haha, believe
me.

Smarter messages is pretty high up on my to-do list, but I just haven't had
time yet, and it is a rather time consuming task
to do.

When it comes to online play, I am still working on a competitive mode. It will
allow players to support their chosen
kingdom, working to build it up toward victory, while attacking other to beat
down the competition.