That's the one good thing about growing up with these games. I just can't put them down... they're too engaging for me. I spend all my time talking strategy and tactics. It's just how my brain works. I've loved street fighter and all other fighting games... MK was always a bit further down on my list because it appealed to more casual players and by the time I was 10 I ditched it because it wasn't as hard for me to play. I don't think it takes that many ranked matches. In order to go to evo, you have to go to smaller local tournaments, or online tournaments.

At 08:56 PM 02/08/2011, you wrote:
I did say I was exaggerating didn't I? lol. you do have to have lots of dedication though. if you play casually with friends, you'll never win Evo tournaments. you gotta go online, ranked, and play constantly. when you can beat like 150 people in a row without dying, then that person might probably stand a chance at a tournament. haha. I definitely agree with you about the analyzing part though. there are people who are just real good at figuring out a game's engine. they pick it up, and in half an hour they're like ok, these chains combo into this special etc. that's real hard to do in my opinion. it doesn't come naturally to me, I must practice. for instance when skarlet came out, within an hour, there were already these real massive combos being uploaded to youtube. same holds true for any character.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 11:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] good SSFIV match

No, I firmly don't believe that. As close as I think you are you are exaggerating. That's like someone can only become an 8th dan in Karate if they practice 14 hours a day. You don't have to dream about street fighter. You just need to be a dedicated fan, and analyse as much as you can when you play. That does not mean 14 hours of practice. I know a national player of another game... and they don't practice that much. They just play every day for about 2 hours, and go to tournaments whenever they have the chance.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Yohandy" <yohand...@gmail.com>