To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:45 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Small update to mapData IF/RPG game thingy

Here are download links for latest, updated version of my mapData IF/RPG engine thingies. The straight one is just to make use of map content, and the generator one is for generating the content files, without having to type them up yourself.

Only real thing have added in right now is to let you edit basic character info as well, but think have also tweaked a couple of other small things.

MapData windows executable:
http://www.blindza.co.za/uploads/mapData/mapData_dist/mapData_exe.zip
(3.19Mb)

mapDataGenerator windows executable:
http://www.blindza.co.za/uploads/mapData/mapData_dist/mapDataGen_exe.zip
(3.20Mb)

mapData compiled python:
http://www.blindza.co.za/uploads/mapData/mapData_pyc/mapData_pyc.zip
(16.0Kb)

mapDataGenerator compiled python:
http://www.blindza.co.za/uploads/mapData/mapData_pyc/mapDataGen_pyc.zip
(24.0Kb)

These two compiled python instances should (hopefully) be able to run on something like a mac or linux machine, and if you let the generator generate the encrypted output, you could share that text file with other guys without them off-hand being able to just read the contents thereof without playing it - unless they also loaded it into the generator, etc., but anyway.

The generator will also let you save/reload maps etc., so you don't have to generate everything at once, and the actual sort of pseudo-front end module is meant to let you save one saved game per map as such, but anyway, since while those do sort of carry over session to session, haven't really tested that side of it too much as such.

Anyone who looks at this command line stuff, let me know if anything goes wrong, since still sort of using it as a form of practice routine to get used to the python programming language, but anyway.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA