I just noticed that they aren't clearly labeled in the readme file.  I'm fixing
how it is worded for the next update.

For multiplayer stuff here are the keys.
To see who else you are linked to, hold shift and press ?.
To chat with people, press / and an input box will let you type.
When a new chat message arrives while your game is paused, you will hear a
sound letting you know.  Pressing ` (tilde left of the number 1 key) will
scroll you through any backlogged messages while the game is paused.  This is
particularly useful when you want to see the incoming chat message but don't
want to unpause the game at the moment.
You can review chat messages using the normal number keys, but also < and > are
dedicated to showing you only the online chat messages that have come in.
I believe that's all, though I may be forgetting something.  Oh, if you want to
customize your chat for emotes, you can begin the message with /e or /me (both
do the same thing).  For example, /me smiles, would result in people seeing *
Aprone smiles.