To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 1:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Castaways version 1.9b with manual training andmerchantcart working.

Welcome back Dark!  We have missed you sir.

I don't currently have plans to allow all unit types to be transferred, but I'm actually typing this while taking a break from the new war tent code I'm writing. It will allow people to transfer soldiers to another player as a way to reinforce them in times of trouble. It isn't quite as nice as being able to give someone, for example, workers or peasants, but I'm sure a friend under siege will be happy to gain a dozen new soldiers to join his population.

I do plan to go through soon and remove the beta status from my games. It is something I should have done a long time ago, I'm just lazy and/or forgetful. haha.

I don't have any plans for standard currency, but who knows what I'll end up adding if I add even more missions later. That seems like a logical progression to make.

Hi aprone.

I was looking forward to a new version of castaways to play
with when i got back from music school, I'll be looking
forward to this one sinse it sounds like a major upgrade.

Just a couple of questions though.

Firstly, the merchant cart as a device for sending aide
sounds great, however for co op play I wonder if it could
also be expanded to actually send population to other people
as well.

Afterall that way a player with 10 houses and a population
of 50 or so can help out someone who's just come online and
is starting up much more effectively.

Interface wise, once a merchant and cart are created, just
have people travel on the cart, perhaps with ctrl e for
emigrate.

Also, is formal trading with currency, perhaps with npc
trading races going to be inserted into the game later on?

Beware the grue!

dark.