Hi Lori,

Well, first of all, level 1 hasn't really changed since beta 18 so I'm
a bit confused about the fact you seem to be having troubles with it
now when you weren't having this trouble in earlier versions. At least
I wasn't aware of any troubles like this. In any case the mistake is a
simple one.

The locks are on a timer. The timers are randomly set at the beginning
of the game. If you reach a statue and you can't open it then that is
because the lock has reset already. All you need do is go back and
pull the correct lever to unlock the lock.