Hi,

Well, it is the direction where most hardware and software developers
are heading long term. Someone just e-mailed me and made me aware of
Microsoft's intention to release a 32-bit version of Windows 8, but
even if that is true that's not what we are seeing in terms of new PCs
though.

I just went laptop hunting at all the major U.S. stores Office Depot,
Office Max, Staples, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart and every desktop and
laptop I saw out on the shelves were 64-bit systems running Windows 7
Home Premium.It seems to me to be pretty obvious what we can expect in
terms of new software and hardware over the next five years or so.
Even if Microsoft produces windows 8 for older 32-bit systems its not
going to be shipping on new computers. The 32-bit version of Windows
will be primarily for those wishing to upgrade existing systems
released in the last two years or so before everything switched over
to 64-bit.
Not only that, but there are technical advantages of using a true
64-bit processor. Its not something you--the end user---will notice
but from a programming standpoint I can add more realism to a game
like Raceway.Since I have to use realistic physics in Raceway to
simulate driving and racing a car I can use 64-bit specific data types
like the long double to get the highest accuracy possible when doing
calculations. As I said its probably not something you would likely
notice, but it will be more accurate regardless. As a developer I like
getting the highest degree of precision and accuracy possible. It
makes games like that even more realistic and fun knowing I did my
best to simulate reality.

Cheers!