I use a hardware product, my artic transport attached to a serial port, with either artic business vision or transport vision as a tsr. Thats my solution. I've no idea how you could come by any serial port synthesisers since everything is moving to USB now... and I doubt weather there is any hardware product out there now that would run under plane dos. Sorry.