Hi Stephen,

Right. Hardware sinths, especially serial devices, are definitely a
thing of the past. None of my computers even have a serial port, and
the only way I might be able to use a serial device is via a USB to
serial convertion cable. Unfortunately, older screen readers like Jaws
for Dos, Vocal-Eyes, ASAP, etc have no support for newer hardware
sinths like the Tripple Talk USB or the newer Dec Talk Express that
came with a USB connection instead of a serial connection. Dos support
is pretty much at an end unless you have older software and hardware
laying around.