Hmm, I see the direction you're going in and I think I get it.  I would find
those particular ideas very "gamey" and they would detract from the
"realism" that makes the game spooky and interesting.  On the other hand, I
see the need to make the lesser weapons, pistol, hunting rifle and standard
shotgun worth using in certain situations.  I personally love using the
silenced pistol, as I enjoy ninja-ing around and sneaking up on the zombies.

A simpler and less artificial way of doing this would be to decrease the
number of weapon drops, while adding in the ability to drop off weapons in
the safe zone or other places for other characters.  I'd also add an
encumbrance factor, i.e. if you're overloaded with weapons and ammunition,
you slow down in movement and rattle when you move, decreasing stealth.

The proposed sniper rifle and machine gun should both require immobility and
a lengthy setup process to limber and unlimber the weapons.  Perhaps you
have to use the reload key to set up and arm the weapon from movement, and a
different key to fold up and carry the weapon.  Both these weapons would
have a high encumbrance value.

If you add in the possibility of the automatic weapons jamming, all of a
sudden the old reliable shotgun and hunting rifle gain some worth as they
would be much less prone to malfunction.  Clearing a jam should require a
fair amount of time and cannot be done on the run.

I think these suggestions would balance the weapons a bit better, leaving a
niche for everything.

        Chris Bartlett