Johnny, would it solve the problem if you were able to raise the volume on just
the left side of the headphones?  I've been considering adding a feature that
might help those with hearing loss on one side.  You would tell the game to
artificially boost the volume on one side by some percentage, to make up for
the hearing loss on that side.  If this wouldn't help it would be good to know
so that I don't waste time with it.