Hi Ron,

Well, for starts make sure you have it in DirectInput mode or most of
your games won't work. Only games written for newer versions of
DirectX support XInput.

As for your problems with the sticks not functioning correctly this is
definitely a software problem. You've replaced your F510 with a new
unit  and we can rule out the gamepad as the problem. I'd recommend
fully uninstalling the Logitech software, doing a fresh install,and
seeing if that corrects the issue. Something obviously is seriously
fubar with your system as I don't have this issue with my F510, and it
should be identical to yours in all respects.

As for changing the values for the x/y axis on the thumb sticks I
don't believe there is anyway to manually change them. That's usually
hard coded into the units firmware by default. Off the top of my head
I think the values are something like left -5000, right 5000, up
-5000, and down 5000. Its not generally something an end user such as
yourself has to worry about because DirectInput and XInput will get
that information from the device and fake it if the values are
different than the standard x/y axis values and report the position of
the stick to the game.

Cheers!