Hi Jeremy,
I completely agree with you.  To be honest, if or when the day comes
when i create something extremely simple, i'm thinking it'll probably
feel as if I'd just aced my a-levels... :D  the hardest part is
optimising my reader to read the documentation, as it still doesn't
read all the symbols meaning i'm going over it letter by letter at
times, making me forget what they represent after a while.  I'll keep
going though, i've definitely got the determination to do this, its
just finding the best way for me to learn.