I am sure everyone is absolutely sick of Swamp updates that don't fix the bugs,
lol, well I hope this will break the terrible chain of failures!  I finally
started monitoring the right thing and I got some answers.  In the event of
rounding errors or bad messages sent from either the client or server, each are
designed to dump the garbage parts of the message.  If everything is working
it's rare that either should even have to use this feature, but it's in there
just for the sake of added reliability.  So I just felt like monitoring that to
see if anything junk was being filtered out, expecting to maybe see a random
digit or character float by, if anything at all.  Lo and behold, pages upon
pages of stuff started filling my log!

Back when I increased the number of zombies I was also planning to increase the
number of items to find around the map.  I changed my mind on that but
apparently I had left a piece of code in there that was requesting the
additional items.  Since the client and server disagreed about the number to
expect, those extra messages were being flagged as garbage and being filtered
out.  The problem is, good messages were being filtered out as well!  When the
trash was dumped it was dumping everything sent in that message.

I've corrected that problem and even added to the filter code just in case this
happens again.  Instead of dumping everything, it will more closely examine
what parts are trash and which are good.  Right away the garbage log dropped
down to absolutely nothing at all, which is what I expected at the beginning.
I bought some items and everything worked fine, so I'm really really hoping
this solves everything finally!

The main file upload will take another 30 minutes or so, but if you already
have version 1.4b then there's no need to waste time downloading the larger
file anyway.  Just download this small patch file and you will be updated to
version 1.5b.
[url=http://www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/SwampPatch.zip]www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/SwampPatch.zip[/url]

Changes from version 1.4b to 1.5b