I wonder if rapid fire really helps. True that it will take a shorter time to kill stronger zombies, but that also mean you use more than enough bullets on weaker ones. more misses = more frequent reload. I find that it only works with M60 which holds more bullets. I like to face this type of situation. haha! As i fire, i retreat. this gives me a bit more space and time to switch weapons or recoil if need to.
锦发/Steady Goh
----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Bartlett" <themusicalbre...@gmail.com>
To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 5:49 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] swamp: recoil can get you killed.

The scenario: I am fighting a group of zombies with some fire arm.  I am
forced to go into rapid fire mode and empty said weapon.  I'm not quite
paying close enough attention, so the gun clicks several times. This delays
weapon switching to a dangerous extent.

I'm torn about this.  It models panic very nicely.  It also seems to stack
cumulatively which might not be fair. Particularly with some of the bigger
weapons, the recoil time is quite long in  a situation when half seconds
count, such as being directly under attack.  What do folk feel about the
balance of this phenomenon?

               Chris Bartlett