You'll have to remind me what the AA and SVR series are, exactly. I can't remember what those stand for right now. lol. But yes, it should be fun to get back into the sceen... when you get a ps3 you'll have quite a few more games to mess around with. ----- Original Message ----- From: "dan cook" <dan.sc...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 3:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] in depth fighting game history

Hi Clement,
agreed, this is a great read.
I definitely cant wait to get back into the fighting game scene
propperly asap.  right now with my ps2 about to be sould off as i
won't have room for it, i'm saying fair well to Mk Da, AA and the
early svr series. :(

So for all those who haven't been all that into fighting games, or those who
recently joined the sceen, or even those who have been playing them for a
long time... this is a great read. Just shows you how much is really behind these games. I know a lot of people disregard Street Fighter, Tekken, etc as
being simple, and fighting games don't have much behind them. Here's an
article that gives a glimpse as to just how much of a story there is behind
them.
http://www.gamernode.com/knock-out-gamernodes-complete-history-of-fighting-games/
Having read all this, let me say tfor all those who've been keeping track of
posts to the lists about fighters and hearing about all these complex
things, it isn't necessary to spend all your time with fighting games  to
get good... a lot of people play these for fun. If you get a fighting game,
it doesn't mean you have to spend hundreds of hours learning every single
mechanic... unless you want to be a tournament-level player. I know that I
play fighters almost exclusively, other than Rock band and the occasional
hack and slash, but I don't go research how many frames of animation an
attack takes to come out... I take them more seriously than some people, but
only because I find a lot to do with my brain when it comes to fighters.
Well, that and so whenever I get to play Yohandy I don't get my rear end
handed to me. :P Enjoy the read!