I just want to throw out there that I love the fact that missions are
instanced. Awesome foresight!
Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Jeremy Kaldobsky
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:24 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Swamp: spawning and loot questions.

I agree.  I'm currently in the middle of adding a new set of player tracking
features, and fixing the bug that is messing up player foot steps.  These
few changes will really make a huge difference when it comes to working as a
group I think.  I'm also planning to add the ability to give people items,
though the reason is actually centered more around instance missions.

When entering an instance mission with a team of people, you will need to
have brought along any supplies you'll need.  In the regular map you can buy
more gear or find loot, but in many of the instances this is not an option.
The one that's currently being coded is a fine example.  You and your team
are sent to a warehouse to collect a certain number of supply crates which
are desperately needed by the people at the Safe zone.  While at the
warehouse you are totally separate from the normal map so there is no safe
zone, plus you don't have weapon or ammo loot anywhere.  Everything your
team will use must be brought with you when you enter the mission.  In the
course of defending the warehouse from invading zombies, which shatter
windows and break down doors to enter from more locations, it is very
possible that some of your team will get low on ammo or lose a gun they
desperately needed.  The ability to share equipment will mean the difference
between  victory and your entire team dying because the plan fell apart.