if there having problems with java script. They need to open up IE and check the security tab menu in options. Look for custom... then find all the java script and change it to run.
Sometimes when updates come the browser settings take a hit too.
Now if your using something else to play them in you will have to look in its help for what it does java script. Firefox is good, but once you put all the ad ons to run the web pages you like. then you more or less have the same thing you left in IE. Also it prone to more bugs being open source. More script kitties have time to pick at it.
The virtual java machine or JVM has nothing to do with java script.