Hi Thomas,

Maybe for the stairs, you could take the step sound that you have and use Gold
Wave, Sound Forge or whatever, and raise or lower the pitch a bit.  or add a
bit of grit sound, or stretch it, or give it some flanger, or Doppler, or see
what it sounds like backwards.

But yeah, we have to get a bit creative to depict everything by sound.  Like in
Triple J Shooter, body parts don't really make a sound when they jiggle or
bounce, but I tried to find sounds that would depict that.  And in level 4 of
Awesome Homer, trees generally don't make noise, so I put a bird in each tree.
And in Homer on a Harley, I used the voices of the Simpson's family to mark the
turns.  It is probably harder and harder when you are going for total realism.

BFN

    Jim

If I can not perform my duties, would you duty for me?

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA