> Is the LUA extension something not available for free? Or do I have to programming only in LUA to use it?
Could you explain to me a bit further, thanks in advance.

Not at all. You can really edit what you want in my editor, it's a general purpose editor.

In fact, you can extend the features of my editor by writing scripts. Those scripts can add items in the menus, intercept certain key shortcuts to perform custom actions, modify files as they are opened or saved to do auto-formatting or auto-compiling on the fly, etc. I provide a rich set of functions to make the thing highly customizable. If you wish, you could probably turn 6pad quasi into a full featured IDE.

I have chosen lua as language for these scripts because lua is powerful, easy to learn, easy to embed, small, free, open source, and there are already many 3rd libraries for it. For your information, 6pad itself is also open source, the wonderful crappy source code can be downloaded from the 6pad page http://quentinc.net/6pad/ only in french at the moment, sorry.