Greetings List.

I'd like to take just a bit of time to remind you all that Swamp is still
looking for vocal talent contributions. It's been a week since Aprone's post,
and I've so far only got 11 viable voice selections from nine vocalists. That
seems disappointingly few to me, and I'd like to urge those of you who enjoy
Swamp and have been wanting to be a part of it to take this opportunity and
contribute your voice to the project.

It doesn't take much time (an hour at most), and you get the chance to be a
part of one of the most popular games in the Audio Games community.

I'd also like to urge any female list members to contribute their voice, as we
currently only have one viable female selection (two, if I can get one of the
volunteers to resubmit her entry). Time and again I've heard requests for
female voices in Swamp, and I am only able to deliver what you guys give me to
work with.

For your convenience, I'm posting Aprone's original email below mine, which
contains the guidelines and script for vocal submissions.

Again, I'd like to urge each and every one of you who enjoys Swamp to take at
most an hour out of your time and give something back to one of the most
popular audio Games to date. Thank you in advanced to those who have or are
going to submit an entry, and I look forward to having you be a part of the
Swamp epidemic.

Kai

*** Aprone's Original Email ***

I've been meaning to post a new request for voice volunteers! As you all know,
the current voices for Swamp have been very good and have served the game well
thus far. The problem is, now that the game is growing there is a larger list
of phrases needed and that means the old voices will need to be thrown away.
The volunteers for the old voices are certainly welcome to record new ones, but
even old phrases would need to be re recorded so that everything has the same
sound.

The list is long but here is what we are looking for. First off, please try to
record these with the nicest microphone you have and with the least amount of
background noise. Kai has asked that all of these phrases be recorded as 1 long
sound file so that he can more easily work on it. There are a series of phrase
categories that we need, followed by a few examples. The examples are not
exactly what you need to say! I already expect that 90% of people will send in
these exact phrases word for word, but we are actually hoping to get a bit of
variety to reflect different people. The examples are to help you think up your
own, but you can use the examples if they are actually what you'd want to say.
We are looking for 3 messages for each of the phrase categories so that the
best 1 or 2 from each can be used. If a voice doesn't have at least 1 good
phrase from each category then it can't be used, so that's why it's worth the
extra effort to have
everyone record 3.

Name for your voice: 1 or 2 words to distinguish your voice in the menu list.
Greeting: Hello, salutations, Well met
Ammo crisis: I need to reload
Beckon: Over here, This way, On me
Brag (after a kill): Take that, Who da man, Ooh, what a mess, target is down
Confirmation: Affirmative, Got it, Lets do it, Ten Four
Negative: That's a negative, I don't think so, No thanks
Follow: Follow me, On my mark, This way
Give Help: I've got your back, I got ya, I'll guard you
Report: Mission complete, Success, Objective met
Seek Help: Cover me, Watch my back, I could use a hand
Stay: Stay here, Hold this position, Wait here
taunt: Come on, Die ugly, Eat lead!
Warning: Watch out, heads up, Be careful
Battle cry: Lets go!, Lets do it!, Lets rock!
Ready: Ready, I'm set, Here
Hold: Wait for me, I'm coming, one sec
Pressure: Hurry up, Go go go!, get the lead out
Death warning: Man down!, we lost someone, we're taking casualties!
Help: Help!, Medic!, I'm being overrun!
In pain: If possible we'd like 3 sounds to represent being in pain. These
aren't the death screams but rather the pain noises to let others hear that you
are being attacked. Hint, pain grunts are rather short, haha.

Just as before, Kai and I will determine how many voices will be included and
we will pick that number from the submitted recordings. In advance I'd like to
thank all who submit voices, and I hope that no one is upset if their own voice
doesn't end up in the game for whatever reason. Please know that it won't be
meant as anything personal. Hopefully after these submissions we will have a
more expressive set of voices as well as some female voices, which have been
needed for quite some time. Thanks once again!

You can mail your submissions to me: jer...@kaldobsky.com