He has a valid complaint concerning your message. I did read your message
that he replied to, and you certainly did ramble, misspell, not punctuate,
and sent an overall indecipherable message that, to me, was no help at all.
This is why, 99 percent of the time, I delete messages you send without even
reading them, and, here again, that should have been one of them I got
nothing but frustration out of.
I stated what I want to do with the card, not how to do it.
---
Shepherds are the best beasts, but Labs are a close second.
----- Original Message -----
From: "shaun everiss" <[email protected]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2012 1:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] sound card or drivers needed
yes I did trouble.
the guy wanted to know how to do things so I gave him ideas.
A lot of this of what I got is from second hand people on radio station on
the net.
Then again if you really feel that I am rambling to answer a question
with several answers and you have another idea to that question then say
so!
My goal was to answer the question as completely as I could.
the guy asked about his card.
he also asked about chatting with that and so on.
If you don't like that then unless you can come up with another answer you
could just save me the bother of replying and kill the message or get
stuffed I don't care which though.
That goes for anyone on here.
I like constructive critisism but a complaint to what was clearly a
message with a broad question has a detailed answer and I expect those to
respect that.
I read the mail and I listed the ways in which the user could handle his
query he is free to choose what he does ofcause.
However if someone wishes to just respond without a counter argument of
not much substance then don't blame me if I get a bit ratty.
I apologise in advance for the flame but really,
At 08:10 p.m. 25/05/2012 -0400, you wrote:
And Shaun, Just what are you talking about? Did you even read the email?
At 05:21 PM 5/25/2012, you wrote:
Charles you ask quite a technical answer.
Firstly teamtalk at www.bearware.dk is quite a good system to use.
the servers onj2.andrelouis.com and onj3.andrelouis.com have good
chanels.
they are british hosted servers though.
You may at times have delays but mostly they work in new zealand quite
well.
As ofr soundcards.
you will need at least 2 cards.
The first card is for your speech, you need that.
and windows sounds.
you could probably have game related stuff and other junk on the other
maybe even 3 would be needed.
There is software called vertual cable but never invested in it.
so your internal card and another or so.
I have a usb headset which does the chatting I do, as it cuts out on bus
noise and the like being its a seperate hardware device.
Leaving your system to handle stuff.
the only thing is you will need to send speech to the earphones or well
not sure you can have splitters to hear your gameplay etc but even then.
You would need some sort of mixer then it gets complex.
Your best bet is to get a crappy analog sound card if you can find one at
all since that will most sertainly be able to run the mic at the same
time as you record.
SOme of the cheap crappy realtech cards may help to but not via.
Is this stuff for active recording or static.
if its active being in a chat room, then you may have to spend some major
cash to get that sorted.
without recording though you probably could play stuff in a chat as long
as you had a mixer or 2 units, one for chatting and 1 for gaming logged
on as different user units.
If you are doing a static meaning recording game and speech you can do it
in a couple ways.
1. you can record the game and speech on your card assuming it supports
this.
2. you can record with a digital recorder and speakers the game and
speech but you will get backgrounds and relitive positions of speakers
only.
The other way you can do it is to cheat.
Record the game in the computer and record your speech whle playing on a
recorder.
making sure enough pauses are in there to line up with gameplay, I only
got this once.
then all you need to do is tweak volumes of both files and merge them.
then tweak the merged volume.
I once got a review of a comanche game I put for a podcast someone gave
me a file in 2 bits done this way.
it took a while to do.
you need to decompress a file to wav before you can edit it right then
you need to use something sound recorder to screw round with the file.
then audacity to bind the file.
finally you need to use winlame to recode the file then reupload it.
This process is ok for the ocational project but not for something like a
big file.
or anything continous.
Another way is something that in theory should work.
have something like shoutcast or odcast output a broadcast archive
locally and not connect to a server.
then it records everything your card does.
however I have not tried this and am not in the position to do that.
you could manage that way but still be limited by the card things.
At 07:54 a.m. 25/05/2012 -0500, you wrote:
I would like to create some audio walk throughs to show others how I go
through games, playing the game while describing what I am doing. I
would also like to be able to go into a voice chat room and run David
Greenwood's GMA dice program and talk to people at the same time, and
have them hear the results of the dice rolls directly from my PC.
I think I probably need sound card drivers, or maybe a new card. I'm
not sure what card to get, though, if necessary. I used to have a
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live card, but it gave up the dust. The
Diamond card I currently have won't do what I would like at this time.
On the Internet, I've found some programs that will search your PC to
see what drivers you have, search for the updates to them, and install
them. There's a catch. They want $30 for 2 years of service.
So, I'm looking for advice on the following: Where to easily find
drivers for my current Diamond card that I don't know the model of, If
I need a different card, the approximate cost and where to find one, and
what sound card you would recommend and why?
My machine is an old one. It was built in 2000 and uses a 1.9 gig Intel
Pentium 4 processor, and I am using Windows XP Home.
Any thoughts, on or off list, are greatly appreciated.
Also, if anyone has the original recording of the game demo that I did
for Tenpin Alley before ACB Radio did their terrible editing, I sure
would like to get a copy of it.
---
Shepherds are the best beasts, but Labs are a close second.
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
[email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the
list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
[email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the
list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
[email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the
list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
[email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the
list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].