Hi Alfredo,

Hmm...Well, I could certainly try, but I'd have to do some research.
I've never had to create a game before that can locate a custom flat
database, AKA text file, containing questions and answers, and then
use it.

What I was initially planning on doing is just scripting the game in
Python which should be very simple for people to edit/modify on their
own, and any new categories or whatever could be added through custom
modules. For example, I might create a module called startrek.py, and
then place my questions in that module like this.

def question001():

        print "This actor played Lieutenant Commander Data"
        print "on Star Trek: the Next Generation."
        print "1. Who is Brent Spiner?"
        print "2. Who is Patrick Stuart?"
        print "3. Who is Michael Dorn?"

        answer = raw_input("Enter your selection:")

        if answer == 1:
                return  True
        else:
                return False

I suppose that might be too daunting for some users, but it is an idea
I had for creating categories. Otherwise I'll have to figure out how
to load and use a flat database of clues and correct questions. :D

Cheers!

On 5/31/12, Alfredo Castaneda <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> The term for for this is called boolean, or conditional statement. I am
>> not that much familiar with normal programming concepts, but I am familiar
>> with how they work.
> To Tom, if you do make such a project, would you consider the possibility of
> having people create theiro own jeopardy and provide a list a categories,
> etc? Their
> Cheers!
> ---
> Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
> [email protected].
> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
> http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
> please send E-mail to [email protected].
>

---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].

Reply via email to