Hi Al,

I think the answer lies in the person's mental stability. As I
mentioned in my prior post a well balanced, well adjusted, person
wouldn't get hooked on virtual reality gaming machines. Some people
who were born blind, for example, are probably very comfortable being
blind and a game that simulates sight might be interesting to them but
might not be a spectacular experience. Part of the reason is that
there are a lot of visual concepts like colors, depth perception, etc
that might be mental overload for them at first. They'd have to ease
into the entire concept of sight.

Then again, if there was a way for a virtual reality game to transfer
images etc directly into the human brain  why couldn't that same
technology be used to transfer images from the real world into the
human brain. In such a case I for one would say "to heck with the
game" and pick the technology that simulates sight. Anything that
would help me walk around, watch TV, read printed materials, etc would
be far more addictive and useful to me than a V.R. game.

Cheers!