Chill out there, my friend. Personally, an option to choose from a list wuld be my preference. I see things from both sides... and Dark, as to having a physical experience that you can relate to, I would tend to agree... but video games don't necessarily have to be relatable to be imagined right? Yeah, one could argue that Blackpool tower would mean a lot more to anyone who's actually been there... but the sounds and ambiance could serve just as well to let someone who has never been there imagine they were. That's why games have and should have good ambiance and sounds... especially audio games. Video games are all about the immersion experience, whether you've been there or not. Playing final fight, you could say it's abstract because you've never been a martial artist who was stuck in a long, horrizontal space and fought enemy after enemy so you can't relate. Sure you can't physically relate... but that's what your imagination is for. Maybe it's different for a game based on coins, yes, but I think if you know enough about the coinage you're working with, then it shouldn't be that big of a deal... maybe you could find exchange rates or something. I'm not shooting anyone's ideas down, and again at trouble... this isn't about gripes or complaints. Just people expressing their opinion and wishing for something in a game from a developer who asked for fan input... nothing wrong with that. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Trouble" <troub...@columbus.rr.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] British coinage

See this is why a lot of programmers don't even want to touch games for the blind. The blind on this list pick them apart, moan and grown until the programmers changes it to meet there gripes. Well what about the programmer? They put the game out there for you to play. It is not like there are a lot of games for the blind. Who cares what kind of denomination the game uses.The numbers are still the same and mean the same in the game. A game should be put out without blind community influence or maybe those bitching would like to do the programming? I can understand fixing bugs, but changing the game to fit your petty egos?