Ganglia doesn't have a model for aggregating string-valued metrics.

On the other hand, you can get a long way by having your
metrics-gathering modules post a count *per string* (e.g.,
"www.yahoo.com:hits", 15); you'll have a ton, though, so you may want
to use some sort of naming prefix to help organize them.

If you have ideas about how you'd like to see them aggregated, I for
one would love to hear them; it's a fun problem to try to solve.

-- ReC