Hello,

I am new to Ganglia.

I installed Ganglia on a dual Xeon EM64T cluster running Red Hat Enterprice
Linux 4.0. I have downloaded 'ganglia monitor core 3.0.2' from the web
site http://ganglia.info/downloads.php.  I installed gmond and gmetad on
the head node, and gmond only on all the compute nodes according to the
instruction on the README file. I ran both the gmond and gmetad on the
head node, and gmond on the compute nodes. However, I got the following
error where I accessed ganglia from the web frontend:

Cannot find any metrics for selected cluster "SIERRA", exiting.
Check ganglia XML tree (telnet 127.0.0.1 8652)

I don't know if there was something wrong in the gmond.conf and gmetad.conf. I
actually couldn't find good documentation to guide me through the setting up of
the gmond.conf and gmetad.conf files. I don't know if the 'gexec execution
environment' and 'python client' showing on the web site
http://ganglia.info/downloads.php are the necessary components to run ganglia,
or if they are just optional. The README file didn't tell me that.

Could anyone tell me where I can find some complete and clear documentation for
a beginner? Could anyone help to solve the above problem?

Thanks a lot.

Yiye