Bowden was and remains a sleazeball.  He always knew how to work the media, so
he rarely suffered bad press, and they certainly won't start now.  It would
seem as if they are beating up on a helpless old man.  If they continued to
kiss his butt after the "Tainted Title" scandal, we shouldn't expect anything
truthful and objective about him now.

Bowden has been spewing his BS for so long, at this point, he may actually
believe it himself.

Regardless of what he thinks or wants to think, he was a guy who was obsessed
with his image and PR.  Remember how upset he was when SOS called him out on
his team's dirty play?  He didn't address the charges directly, just moaned
that he wished Steve hadn't said what he said.

Yes, he built a program back in the '70s and '80s by traveling to Lincoln and
other places and taking on the big football powers.  One can respect that.
However, he also ran one of the dirtiest programs in the country.

I believe one should judge a person by his actions more than his words.  I
think the balance of Bowden's actions over the course of his adult life were
dishonest.  Just because few ever called him on it doesn't make it any less
true.

Go Gators!!!!

Ken B. (NYC Gator)