From: Steve McKibben <augiega...@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:31:47
To: <gatortalk@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Countdown to Kickoff - 78!

Just to clarify, I meant that David Young would likely use his "major" to play
football.

I'm glad that these guys can't just major in football, even though that is the
primary/sole reason a lot of them are in college. Most of them don't consider
the fact that the odds are so stacked against them making a living playing
football, but at least the ones that graduate have a chance to get meaningful
employment outside of football if that doesn't pan out.

I would also imagine that having been a Gator football player might give them a
leg up when their resumes are compared to their peers (assuming everything else
is fairly equitable).

Darlene - that's great that your daughter is getting real world experience and
looks to have the inside track to actually landing a job, post-college! I know
of a few UF grads that majored in fields that getting employment used to be a
given that are back home bagging groceries while waiting for a "real" job.

Steve

Shane Ford  wrote:

Darlene,

Thanks!  I meant nothing by my comment, but I was curious what one would do
with a degree like that.  My first thought was like Steve's and thought "play
football".  I thought there has to be more to it than just that.  Thanks for
the explanation/story!

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us