In the U.S. guys used to wear color hankies in their back pocket to
show what kind of sex they liked, and left or right pocket meant "top
or bottom".  That was a bit before my time (the 70s) and I think it
went away, in part, because gays just didn't want everybody seeing
what they were.  And even though there were lots of hanky colors to
mean lots of things, it was probably still too simplistic.

In leather crowds or bear crowds they might still be used, but only
at the bar or party, not out in public.

Peter

--- In gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com, manu nehru <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Cooper,
>   I think he was just suggesting that wrist bands or some such
thing be worn for gays to easily identify each other and thus avoid
running into the wrong guys.
>   Manu
>
> doc cop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>               hi
>   yesterday someone was inquiring about coloured wrist bands to
show there sexual preferances
>   Why should one where his sexuality on his hand???????????????
>
>   hetrosexuals have a wide range of sexual preferances
>   do they wear it on their hands
>   they find a freind and see if that person can b a mate too
>   and tehn explore the sexual compatibility and normally make the
best out of it

>   hence why should gays make the sex preferance their identity or
the priority in finding a freind