Il giorno ven, 20/05/2011 alle 10.13 -0400, Doug Lea ha scritto:
> On 05/19/11 18:51, Dr Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> > ... In summary, this seems worse, to me, than the
> > original.
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Is there any chance you could rework such comments to
> instead explain which changes would be required for you
> to vote in favor of bylaws? This would be very helpful.

Some comments, all quite practical.

About the membership, it's not really clear what a simple patch is.

Also, I didn't notice that Group membership expires after one year! The
document doesn't specify who to ask for renewal. It says original groups
will be created from the old one, but it doesn't say what the old ones
are, it also put a pressure to release quarterly reports, which may make
sense for some groups. It doesn't say what happens when group fail to
provide quarterly updates.

For the rest, I don't see much difference than the old draft, honestly,
the same issues with the GB elections still remain.

Cheers,
Mario
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

IcedRobot: www.icedrobot.org
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/