On 6/24/11 12:09 AM, Mario Torre wrote:
> How fully in accordance with these rules a new project was accepted
> for jdk7 updates?

The JDK 7 Update Project proposal was made in accordance with the current
OpenJDK guidelines for projects - like all the other Project proposals
so far.

> Now this project might or might not be actually a good idea.

That's for a Group's Members to decide.

> The fact
> that we had this project accepted without public discussion,

The discussion of the JDK 7 Update proposal took place on the
disc...@openjdk.java.net mailing lists. A handy way to look
at it is here: http://markmail.org/thread/czq6lxcwwp7a3ryn

> (bad Dalibor!!!)

Personally attacking people you disagree with is never an acceptable way
to advance an argument. I thought we went through this already last week:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2011-June/001951.html

Can you stop doing that, please?

> any real discussion, and then a quick "hurray! we approved it under 24
> hours".

The JDK 7 Update Project proposal provided a draft Q & A that anticipated
and answered many of the questions that came up during the discussions
later, thereby offering Members of a Group that would chose to sponsor
it a lot of information on which to base their decision - more then some
other OpenJDK Project proposals in the past, fwiw.

Most Project proposals in OpenJDK have been able to find a Group willing
to sponsor them rather quickly. The Caciocavallo Project that you're
involved with was sponsored by the Porters Group just two days after
it was proposed by me, for example.

cheers,
dalibor topic
--