On Fri, 15 Dec 2023 14:43:22 -0500
"David H. Lynch Jr. via Gcc" <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Right now I am just focused on some means to deliver support.

Hi David,

My colleague Bob Dubner and I have been extending GCC every day for
the last two years.  I wonder if we might be of some use to you.

I only faintly hope our project can benefit from your work. We're
adding a Cobol front end to GCC.  Cobol has built-in sort functions,
both on disk and in memory, and a rich data-description language.
There is more potential there than might seem at first blush, and I
would welcome the opportunity to explain in detail if you're
interested.

If your objective is simply to extend C to support content addressable
memory, then we might still be of some help.  I don't know anything,
really, about the C front-end, but Bob has experience getting
Generic to generate code.  He might be able to answer some of your
questions, if nothing else.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards,

--jkl