Dear all,

Those of you who attended the GNU Tools Cauldron this weekend will have noticed that I retired from the GCC Steering Committee, citing my age (I will turn 70 in three weeks).

I decided that it would be appropriate to do this openly, to "counteract" the strange asymmetry that new members of the Steering Committee are announced openly, but leaving members do so quietly.

Of course, "age" is only a very narrow reason to retire - far more important is my diminishing knowledge of relevant developments in GCC.

[ For comparison, https://moene.org/~toon/nwp.ps is what I worked on when the Steering Committee was formed in November 1998 - as you can see it uses a now non-existent Fortran Frontend and misses the important concepts "parallel" and "vector". ]

I would like to thank all contributors to GCC I have worked with during the years - it was a great experience !

Kind regards,

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: [email protected] - phone: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG  Maartensdijk, The Netherlands

Reply via email to