On Tue, 6 Oct 2026, Toon Moene wrote:
> Those of you who attended the GNU Tools Cauldron this weekend will have 
> noticed that I retired from the GCC Steering Committee, citing my age (I 
> will turn 70 in three weeks).

First of all, a huge thanks for all you contributed and all you did for, I 
just did the math, some 28 years - some of which, possibly hard to imagine
for some right now, were not exactly easy.

"Thank you!", with a sad eye and a smiling eye,

Gerald


PS: Patch to steering.html that I just pushed below.

commit 4220a625e253e1190613d00d4625886bbee81453
Author: Gerald Pfeifer <[email protected]>
Date:   Wed Oct 7 14:38:44 2026 +0200

    steering: Toon Moene retired
    
    A bit thanks to Toon for all he contributed for some 28 years.

diff --git a/htdocs/steering.html b/htdocs/steering.html
index 9cf6be3be..abecd66b6 100644
--- a/htdocs/steering.html
+++ b/htdocs/steering.html
@@ -35,7 +35,6 @@ place to reach them is the gcc <a href="lists.html">mailing 
list</a>.</p>
 <li>Marc Lehmann (nethype GmbH)</li>
 <li>Jason Merrill (Red Hat)</li>
 <li>David Miller (Red Hat)</li>
-<li>Toon Moene (Koninklijk Nederlands Meteorologisch Instituut)</li>
 <li>Joseph Myers (Red Hat) [co-Release Manager]</li>
 <li>Gerald Pfeifer (Open Productivity)</li>
 <li>Ramana Radhakrishnan (NVIDIA)</li>

Reply via email to